When it comes to management of your assets, it is important to know that all Alarm Systems, Access Control and CCTV solutions that protect your business are fully maintained to prevent failure and avoid external hacking attacks of your building security system.
Security systems need regular checks and maintenance to replace batteries, complete software updates as well as check its general health.
Council regulations* recommend that the building owner/tenant establishes a compliance schedule regime of preventive and responsive/corrective maintenance, ensuring that systems or features that contribute to the proper functioning of a building, such as electronic door locks, are regularly monitored and maintained, as follows:
- Section 2 page 6 of the Building Act provides that the owner of a building for which a compliance schedule is required under section 100 must obtain one. Failure to do so is an offence carrying a fine of up to $20,000, and a further $2,000 for every day the offence is continued.
- The owner is responsible for being aware of any specified system installed in their building and ensuring it is listed on a compliance schedule.
Source: Please refer to Page 6 of the “Compliance Schedule Handbook”
- Daily, when the building is in use, for crowd occupancies (CS, CL, CO, CM) and for all buildings where building work is occurring that may affect an access control door on an escape route
- Monthly checks carried out by owner or tenant
- 6 monthly checks by Certified Company and Maintenance records kept for building WOF and 12A
Source: Please refer to page 23 of the "Compliance Schedule Handbook"
CCTV Security Cameras
- 6 Monthly Checks for hassle free operation and firmware updates to keep the system secure
- 12 Monthly Checks for insurance records and hassle-free operation
Talk to Our Security Consultants Now
Call 09 441-7100
All calls are answered within 30s
by our friendly team
Monday to Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
If you prefer, send us an email =>>
Send us an email
Fixed Cost Security Maintenance Package
IQ OpEx OPTIMIZER
We know that it is hard to keep your Operational Expenditure, or simply OpEx, under control. Sometimes, these expenses can also bring you (and your tenants) unwanted surprises when it comes to your premise's maintenance costs.
We support and maintain alarms, building access control and CCTV systems and you can have a comprehensive maintenance package for one annual fixed cost (paid quarterly) - and it makes a HUGE difference in your budget management.
Private Security Licensing Authority
All technicians are vetted by the ministry of justice and carry a certificate of approval (COA). This means that we have been vetted by the NZ Police and judged to be responsible and trustworthy, so you can have trust in our integrity.
Site Safe Team
All of our technicians are also Site Safe certified and hold current Building Construction Passports. These are required by many construction companies before any worker can enter their building sites.
Certification number 110660 for all building 12A building WOF requirements.